Monday, June 14, 2010

Best thing for your kids!

I'm online chatting with a friend who says the joy has been sucked out of her life...makes me think about the joy in my life and where it comes from. I have to say without a doubt it is Him. Yes, God!
My best friend, my lover, my companion, my husband of 35 years brings me happiness most of the time. But, to put my joy and happiness on his shoulders is wrong. He will fail me. Just as I would fail him. Happiness and sadness are temporary emotions. The burden of trying to make others happy is too big for anyone. When we married we said for better or worse. Not ok, I'll change to make you happy. That doesn't work!
In a nutshell...work on it. Take time to find your joy in God. Take to time to be joyful together.
How? More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment